Gifts


I definitely think one of Marley's love languages is giving and receiving gifts.  Remember last year when she started saving me items from her school lunch?  She still does that.  It makes me smile.

I was thinking about how she is always trying to give us gifts and decided I needed to be better at giving her gifts and "speaking her love language".  Jared does it.  He often brings home items from work - Gatorade or granola bars.  She loves it.

The other day while she was at school I ran some errands and purchased her some new underwear.  No big deal.  I tucked them inside her closet, package unopened.  When she got home I told her I had a surprise for her.  She started giggling and hopping up and down.  I told her to go into her closet and see if she could find it.  She took off running and I could hear her closet door fling open.  I then heard a squeal. She ran back to me and began opening the package.  There were probably 10-12 pairs in the package.  She took them each out individually.  Soon she was stripping down and trying on each pair.  After each pair had been modeled and checked out, she dropped down to hug me multiple times and thank me for the new underwear.

What a funny girl.  I think I need to figure out how to do little things like that more often.

Comments

  1. I love it. Gifts & quality time are my love language. I think the smaller gifts have the most meaning. Cant go wrong with love notes & flowers. I think Matix shares my love languages, his favorite gift is a balloon even if it's just a latex one we get for free at the grocery store or party store. Now that the heat streak seems to be over maybe we can host a playdate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts