Twilight Series Obession

So, I finally decided to read the Twilight series (a teenage book I might add) to see what the big deal was about. I brought Twilight with me to Hawaii and thought I would read it on the flight. Well I started reading it on the flight and couldn't stop. I finished it in Hawaii and wished I had brought New Moon along as well.

Last night Eclipse and Bella's stupidity about hurting Jacob's feelings was driving me crazy. When I climbed into bed Jared asked me what was wrong. I told him the love-story saga in a nutshell and he started laughing. (I was telling him everything like it really was happening and asked him if he would ever do such a stupid thing if he were in Bella's position and I were Edward.) Yes, I know I get a little obsorbed in fiction sometimes...but it does make the story better.

So...now I am anxiously awaiting the next book and hoping that Bella just makes a clean break with Jacob once and for all!! Edward deserves more. I could go on, but I'll stop there...

Oh, I looked at Stephenie Meyer's website and the actors that she pictured her characters looking most like. First of all I have to admit that I usually hate reading a book and having the character's in my mind and then watch the movie because the actors usually don't do the characters justice. However, I think that Rachel Leigh Cook is EXACTLY what I pictured Alice to look like. What do you think?

Comments

  1. That is so funny! My mother-in-law brought me the books Sat. night. I started reading at 9pm and had to force myself to go to bed at 4:45am!!! Then I couldn't sleep cause I couldn't stop thinking about the book! Anyway-I finished the 3rd book yesterday and started the 1st one again today! Crazy-I know:) Matt's been very understanding thankfully:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Twilight Obsession! Luckly I really am not obessesd, but I know of some pretty serious fans out there. The books are fun to read. Now you know about the neglect of children, laundry, etc. to get the book done! & Our husbands thinking we are crazy when we try to tell them about the book.
    I agree on Rachel Leigh Cook, I pictured Alice to look very similar too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the books too! I could NOT stop reading them once I started. I can imagine you reiterating the whole story to Jared and him thinking you are crazy. Too funny! If you want to borrow New Moon, let me know. I have all 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just re-read your post and realized you have read New Moon & Eclipse as well. Oops. Wait, you've only been back from Hawaii a little over a week and you've already read the next two books? Haha yes, I can't wait for the next book either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished those books a few weeks ago. They are so hard to put down. I will have to go check out the website. I kept getting frustrated with parts of the story that dragged on through all three books and never got resolved!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Heidi! Welcome to the obsession. I just re-read Twilight and Eclipse...I just couldn't go over Edward leaving again, so I skipped New Moon. I'm glad you are sick of Jacob...I mean, I think he's a nice guy and a good FRIEND, but it's all about Edward in the end. It seems like everyone else out here secretly wanted Bella to end up with Jacob! Ugh! I'm all for the JAcob imprinting theory, how about you? Have you found all the fun extras on the website? They are really cool to read. As you can tell by how long this comment it, I LOVE to talk about the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally can relate to you trying to explain the series to Jared. Shayne can't handle hearing me talking about the books... the conviction in my voice talking about a vampire, a werewolf and a dumb girl - just makes him laugh and laugh! I still haven't read the 3rd one, I think I'll start on it this week... I've given myself a month break from them all! I just NOW caught up on my laundry and my house cleaning... kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I have started checking out her website to read the extras. It doesn't sound like she has plans for Jacob and Bella to end up together and so glad that he will never imprint her. I agree that if Jacob would just meet is soul mate and imprint it would solve that issue in a happy way...hopefully she has plans for that in the remaining books.

    New Moon drove me nuts. I actually called my little sister to see if it was worth finishing. She told me I needed that info for the remaining books. In the end (when Edward came back) it got better for me. I think my real draw to the books must be Edward :)

    Jared thinks I'm obsessive enough as it is. So he was not at all surprised when I told him that I snuck out of bed the other night to finish Eclipse because it was making it impossible to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these books too, Heidi!! I agree about Rachel Leigh Cook.. don't you think Dennis Quaid would make a GREAT Charlie?? That is exactly how I imagine him looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is crazy how so many people are into these books, but I agree! Adam thinks I'm nuts, but I can't get enough. When I first heard about them I thought, "Yeah, I'm not reading a book about vampires..." Oh well. I'm hooked and love them. Poor Abby got very neglected when I read them. I can't wait for the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts