February & Phoenix


Jared planned to meet the residents that he finished with in Phoenix for a conference in February, which happens to be the best/most beautiful time of year to be in Phoenix.  I convinced Jared that we needed to tag along.


The weather did not disappoint - between 80 & 85 every day. We stayed quite close to where we used to live.  I felt right at home grabbing a few groceries that first night from my usual grocery store.  The kids wanted to take Luke to the train park since trains are his current obsession.

 He loved it - we all did.


We stayed in the perfect place and most days would wake up and swim, order lunch by the pool and swim some more.  There was a slide, lazy river, mini golf...we were all super excited to be in the sun.




 Jared's sister and family made the trek from Tucson to visit us one day.  We ordered in pizza and did a little swimming.  

 Got to visit our old ward, have dinner with ward friends, and go to a ward picnic.  It was SO good to see everyone.  After church we were all starving and ran to grab lunch at one of our favorites, St. Francis.  They had a live Jazz band playing that day.



Dinner with friends.  Every evening we did dinner with friends and were able to make the round to quite a few.  The kids enjoyed connecting with their old friends again.

 Phoenix Zoo
I'm not sure why I didn't get any pictures with my friends.  Oh well.  We went to the zoo with a couple of friends this day.  It seriously felt like old times again.





 We didn't eat at as many restaurants as I had wanted to, but we did get in a few favorites.  We stopped at Luci's on our way to the airport.

 And then it was time to go home.  I shed a few tears on the way back, not because I don't love where I currently live but I do miss old friends and Februarys in Phoenix.

But, life in Klamath Falls helped me return to reality.  We did a little Valentines Party for the preschool aged kids.  Games, sugar cookies, valentines exchange - short and sweet and fun.





 Saturday Morning I made a special Valentines Breakfast and set the table fancy.  I knew Marley would especially appreciate this.  Pink pancakes and love notes on their plates.  They got the movie Mr. Peabody and cards from Grandma and Grandpa.  Marley kept saying that it was the best day.

That night, Jared and I went on a date to dinner and to see Katie Harman perform at the Ross Ragland.  Fun evening.  Hot date.

Comments

  1. It was so fun to see you guys! Wow, you look amazing in that red dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts