School is Back in Session

There are definitely years that I'm more ready than others for the kids to go back to school.  This was not one of those years.  I loved having them to myself and we had such a great couple of months.  

 Marley's first day of 2nd grade was the day after Labor Day.  She looked adorable and she was excited to see all of her school friends and teachers.  She is in Mrs. William's and Mrs. Leary's class this year.  Between school and things she's involved with after school, I feel like I hardly see her.  After about a week of school, Marley wrote me a note asking me to take her on a date.  I think regular dates might need to be a new tradition for Marley and I.



 Jake's first day of Kindergarten was a few days later.  He, unlike his sister, was not super excited to go to school.  To be honest, it was hard to let him go.  He has been my little side-kick for so long and I really love having him home with me.  He's a home body so I knew being gone all day was going to be an adjustment for him.  His first day, I walked him into his class and stayed for a bit to take pictures and get settled.  When I gave him a hug to tell him good-bye, he teared up and told me he didn't want to be there.  I cried all the way home.  School will be good for him, but I have really missed him this week.



Marley is a sweetheart.  She talked to him all the way to school and took his hand to show him around once we got there.  

 Our neighbors were out of town last week.  We got to watch their 2 dogs, 11 chickens and 2 cats.  Marley and Jake each picked one and had them sleep with them at night.  They loved every minute of it.

 Jared and I had big plans to take the kids out of town for a fun adventure for Labor Day weekend.  When we told the kids our plans, they both (mostly Jake) cried and said they just wanted to stay home.  We changed plans, got the kids roller blades, set-up the slack line and Jared set-up a climbing rope.





Our chickens have finally started laying eggs!

Comments

  1. Good for you for changing your plans--that's some good parenting! I really want a slack line. Cool about your chickens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts