Lucas

I'm skipping over a lot of events right now, but I want to record a few things about my little man before they are forgotten forever.



I love 1 year olds.  They sleep through the night most of the time (heaven knows I'm much happier and functional with sleep) and are so interactive.

Things he's saying:

dank cue (thank you). - I absolutely love this.  If I give him something he especially wants he usually giggles and then thanks me.  Cutest thing ever.

mama
dad
ssss (please).  In an effort to get him to stop whining for things, I tell him to ask please.  It's pretty funny especially when he's begging for treats.  This boy has a sweet tooth.
Cheese.  He says this when anyone tries to take his picture.


He pats his own tummy when he coughs or chokes.

He LOVES his siblings.  I think his favorite thing is when we're all home together.  He adores his daddy.  He cries every time he leaves or even just walks out of a room.

He can't sit still to save his life and I've been struggling with getting him to eat a complete meal before running off or throwing a tantrum about being strapped in the high chair.

He's a messy boy - pulls everything out of my drawers, unravels the toilet paper, dumps out anything he can find, and scatters my clean laundry as I'm trying to fold it.

Selfies.  This boy is aware of the camera, which is strange to me since he is less photographed than his 2 older siblings.

Over Christmas my mom took a picture of Luke while he was playing.  He looked over at her, took out his binky, smiled and said "cheese" and then put it back in his mouth and continued playing.

We went to the pediatrician for his 12 month check-up.  They had a small tripod in front of their computer to take pictures for the patient folders.  They took Luke's picture.  3 months later, at his 15 month appointment, he saw the tripod, looked at it and said cheese.  Funny boy.



He is so dang quick on his feet.  I can't count the number of times I've lost him at church.  He takes off and runs into different rooms and once locked himself in the library.  He loves to try to sneak up to the piano during Sunday School and play a tune while the teacher is instructing.



He gives the best snuggles and kisses.  Last night he woke up at 11:30 and just wanted to be held and rocked.  I couldn't resist holding my little man while he rested his head on my shoulder thinking how grateful I was that he hadn't grown out of the snuggling phase yet.

So grateful for my little man.  I can't imagine our family now without him.


Comments

Popular Posts