Jake is 4

Why do I feel like he should still be 2?  It's crazy to me how much he as grown and changed this past year.





























I was still not up to throwing a big shindig at our home for Marley's birthday party this year since I had a newborn in the house.  I convinced her to do a party at Chuck E. Cheese.   Jake has talked about that mouse ever since.  I had started planning this fun party for him in my head a couple of months ago.  When I started talking about those ideas to him, he didn't want any part in it.  He was going to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday and he could hardly wait.

Jake is not a big crowd type of guy.  In his comfort zone, he is talkative and fun and even has some pretty great dance moves.  If he doesn't feel comfortable, he's the shyest kid.

Whenever my kids really want something at the store I usually tell them to ask for it for their birthday or Christmas.  Jake has been asking for a remote control boat from Leslie's Pool Supply for at least a year now. They're seriously like $90.  I thought he would change his mind, but it's still the top of his list.  Well Jared ordered that and a remote control helicopter (that he's also been asking for but I'm thinking he got that idea from Jared telling him it would be cool.)  The week of his birthday we got the helicopter out to charge.  Written in large letters on the side of the box it reads "For Ages 14+".  Jared reassured me that Jake (our turning 4 year old) would figure it out quickly.

Jake is probably my most sensitive child - something I tend forget in the heat of the moment.  His feelings are quickly hurt when I'm too short or too quick to discipline.  However, his sensitivity spills out to his siblings and friends.  He is pretty good about knowing when we need an extra word of encouragement and I appreciate that about him.

I love my little side-kick.  Happy Birthday, Jake!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts