House Selling and House Hunting

Time is flying.

We put our house on the market a couple of weeks ago.  It went up for sale on Friday mid-morning.  Our 3 hour open house the next day turned into a 6 hour open house with 3 above asking price offers.  It was a crazy, emotional day for me.  So grateful that it sold so quickly and so sad to leave Phoenix and my home here.

Our home has come a long ways in the past 4 years.

 Before we painted. Other before pictures.

 After.














I was a crazy mess the month we put it up for sale.  I moved extra furniture and toys out into a storage unit.  I worked hard to organize cupboards and closests and clean all my neglected baseboards and blinds.  Saturday was the open house.  Jared was working Saturday and Sunday so Friday after work he helped me clean and get the house in shape.  Saturday I got the kids up and ready and headed out the door by 10:30.  I may have been a bit stressed making sure every last corner was sparkling clean.  Our open house was scheduled from 10-2.  Around 1:30 my realtor called saying we had already gotten an offer and had about 4 more verbal offers.  She then told me all offers were above asking price.  I was shocked and excited.  As soon as I hung up the phone, I sobbed right there in the middle of the mall.  It felt final now that we were going to be moving away from our awesome neighborhood and ward and friends and year round sunshine.  The open house ended up going until 5:30.  When I was finally able to come home, I felt like I'd run a marathon.  It was a long day but I was so thankful that this keeping my house crazy clean business was now over.


In the meantime, I've been searching for our next place of residence.  Our thought has been to rent first and then purchase after we get a feel for the city (or should I say town?).  My new motto has been to look forward and not back.  There are lots of good things to look forward to and I don't want to go into a new place just being sad for months about what I left behind.  We'll see if I'm actually able to pull it off! :)

Comments

  1. I'm so happy that all your hard work paid off so quickly. You are amazing! It will be fun to see some before and after pictures, and I CAN'T wait to see where you end up! You are good at making friends, just be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are going, but happy you are going to such a wonderful place! And happy that I can continue to stay in touch through email/facebook and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the post Heidi! You are a great writer, I felt as if I were there with you the entire time. I'm sorry to hear of the emotional roller coaster that you've been on for the past several weeks but so happy for you guys as well. I know that moving is hard and starting over in a new place can be difficult but I couldn't agree with you more about your new motto. I know that Phoenix has been good to you guys and that you have enjoyed it but I'm sure that it doesn't compare to what the future holds for you and your family. We love you guys so much, if you ever need anyone to talk to know that we're a quick phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be hard for you to leave a house as wonderful as that. The overall look of your property shows your responsibility as a homeowner. How's your new place now, by the way?

    -Calvin Mordarski @ CityBlockTeam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. House selling and house hunting – I hope you fared well with doing both these things at the same time. By the way, your house is really lovely! I don’t think you’ll find it difficult to sell a house that pretty. I hope you found one as beautiful and homey as the one you left behind. Have a great day!

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts