7 months

The last time I updated my blog, Luke was 7weeks old.  He's now 7 months.  That kinda makes me sad that I didn't do a better job of keeping up with our family journal and I've decided to do better.






Luke has been curious about almost everything lately and I've been letting him explore new foods. That mostly just means that I let him taste what I'm eating.  The other day it was grapes.  He was trying to catch a taste, so I bit one in half, peeled down the skin and let him taste it.  Instead of just tasting it, he chomped down and sucked in.  He started gagging.  I tipped him upside down and pounded his back.  The large chunk did come out and I probably cried for 30 minutes.  I can't think of anything worse than that helpless, frantic feeling.  I cried again when Jared came home.  Since then I have been even more vigilant about our floors.  Choking is scary business.

Jared's last day of residency is getting closer.  We've been busy with getting the house ready to sell - such a pain!  We rented a storage unit to store extra toys and furniture (I have 2 pianos) and wanted to make sure the house didn't feel crowded.  I have organized every closet and drawer, cleaned blinds and baseboards, moved furniture around, planted flowers, etc.  It's a big job without kids but has almost brought me to tears a few times.  Lots of stuff I have done with Luke in one arm and trying to clean or do paint touch ups or vacuum with the other.  Last week we had pictures taken of the house, the listing went up Friday and the open house was Saturday.  I was one big ball of stress - not to mention that Jared was of course on call that weekend.

The open house was supposed to be 3 hours and ended up lasting over 6.  It was a marathon, exhausting day but we got 3 offers over asking price out of it.

The realtor called while we were out to let me know we had gotten an offer over asking price. I was so excited and then so sad all at once.  I got off the phone and cried - so sad to leave this place.

We accepted an offer on Sunday.  I think back to all the work we put into our house and all the help we got from friends and family.  Jared spending every waking minute he was home trying to finish things up - that's tough to do when you're putting in 90 hour work weeks, me moving in at 8 months pregnant and bringing a newborn home to a place that is unfinished.  Boxes piled high in the living room, walls needing to be sheet rocked in the family room, our backyard full of trash from the demolition.  Even with the outcome, I wouldn't do it over again.  Timing is everything and it wasn't a good time in our life to be doing that.

Comments

Popular Posts