One Month


Isn't it crazy how life can feel like it's moving so slowly and all the sudden a chunk of time has passed?  That's how I'm feeling about having a one month old.

It really has been a crazy ride since Luke was born and I'm still not feeling great.  I'm trying to not get depressed about that little fact.  I do know that time goes quickly, so I need to just breathe. :)

I have been so so blessed.  I don't really know how to adequately express how grateful I've been for all my friends and family who have helped me sooo much these past 4 weeks.  I hate asking for help and really I haven't even asked for help.  They've just come and helped.  Friends and family have made me meals and snacks and treats, cleaned my house (my bathrooms even!), watched my kids (one friend has called or texted me EVERY day to invite my kids to come play), taken my kids to and from school, gotten up at night with my baby, picked-up grocery items for me, texted & called to check up on me...  I don't really deserve all that people have done for me, but I'm so grateful.



Marley and Jake have watched a tad bit more t.v. than I usually allow (ok, a LOT more).  The other day when the kids were putting on their shoes for school, Marley tied her shoes.  I asked her who taught her to do that.  She told me that nobody taught her. I was a bit confused until a few days later when I walked in the room while they were watching "Super Why" and they were teaching the kids how to tie shoes.  haha.  I guess t.v. isn't all bad, right?!

Last week I was feeding the baby and feeling like the bedrooms really needed to be vacuumed.  I asked Marley if she would vacuum her bedroom. "I don't know how!!"  I explained how to do it and she left the room. I heard she and Jake work through turning it on and vacuuming the room. I sat in the other room and giggled.  They did a pretty good job of team work.  Marley was scared of the noise and convinced Jake to actually turn it on for her.  They also had to figure out how to lower it from the upright position.  The next day Marley vacuumed her room again.  Either Marley or Jake now vacuum every day.


Jake adores Jared. He wants to do everything Jared does, wear what he wears, etc.  If Jared is around when I sit down to feed the baby, he gets me water.  The other day I sat down to feed Luke.  My cup was sitting on the table next to me.  Jake asked if I wanted some water.  I told him that would be nice but was mostly curious how he was going to get water for me.  I heard him run in the kitchen.  I heard him run into the bathroom a few minutes later and turn on the water.  A few minutes later he brought me back my cup with luke warm water and the lid askew.  Then he sat down to talk to me while I fed Luke.  I drank the water. :)  What a sweetheart.  I love that Jake's picking up on the the little things that Jared does that show his love for us.

First tummy time.
Face Plant!

First bath.  He slept through the entire experience.





 Jake has not loved getting booted out of the youngest position.  I can't blame him.  He also doesn't love that I'm not supposed to carry him.  His legs haven't been working quite a bit over the past few weeks. :)







Comments

  1. Your kids are so great! I love the vacuuming and water story. It's true what you said about time. Sometimes the longest days make up the shortest months. Hang in there, one day you'll wake up and realize how good you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're not feeling your best yet. I'm glad you're such a fantastic person that people flock to be your friend, so you have many who are there to help. I wish I was. Luke is such a beautiful baby. I can't believe how old Jake looks in that first picture. Isn't having a girl first great? They are so willing to help when needed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts