I Love Newborns

Isn't he precious!?

My mom left on Friday and Jared left for the week on Sunday.  Yesterday my dad called to check up on me.  All I had for him were tears.  He finally told me that he thought that this should be my last baby.  Childbirth just seems to be extra hard on my body. That, or I just have bad luck.  Maybe a combo.

In a weird way it does make me feel a little sad that this may be my last newborn.  But really, each birth has been harder and I don't know if my body could take this again.

I never get over how tiny they look in their infant car seats.

My mom.  I don't think I could have survived these first couple of weeks without her.
  Luke and I both got some not so fun side effects from the antibiotics I was on for my wound infection.  Poor Luke's bum is raw and has resulted in a few sleepless nights in a row for me.  Poor little guy.

By Monday I was a train wreck.  I had my follow-up OB appointment for my wound infection.  The minute the doctor stepped in the room, the flood gates opened.  I'm totally embarrassed now about what a wreck I was and my sobbing frenzy in that room.  He asked about my husband.  "He's out of town for the week."  He asked about my family, "I don't have any in town."  He's also LDS, so then he asked about my relief society and if people were bringing me food and baby sitting so I could have a nap, etc.  "Yes, they're great."  Probably the most unconventional doctor appointment ever.  I don't think he wanted to let me out of there until I calmed down. 

I sent Jake off to a friend's for the afternoon.  After a 2 hour nap I felt like new person.  It's amazing what sleep can do especially when you're severely deprived!  

I am in love with all of his dark hair.

Sleepy boy.


Newborns are exhausting.  Thank goodness for the moments that make it all worth it!

I love my little man.

Comments

  1. He is precious. I'm sorry it's been so hard. I did a similar thing at my first pediatrician appointment with Ella. I couldn't hold back the tears. Poor doctors. They've got to be used it by now, since they have chosen careers where they primarily work with hormonal women. Hang in there the sleepless nights get better. Don't get mommy guilt over getting Jake out of the house. He probably needs it as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me laugh about you crying in Ella's doc appointment because when my doc entered the room and I was crying he commented on how rough the first baby is. Haha. I reminded him that this was my 3rd :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful baby boy!!! Oh Heidi, I can relate to the crying. Except, it was our hometeacher that would come over and ask 'how things are going' and without even realizing what hit me... I start sobbing. I had a really hard time for awhile (past year). I don't mention this to minimize how you are feeling but instead to let you know that you're not alone. Take care of yourself. That is the best advice I can give after having our third. In order for you to be a good mom, wife, daughter, friend etc. You need to take good care of yourself. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amberlynn! It's hard to take care of yourself when your kids also have needs/demands. I'm going to have to learn that balance. :) The doctors told me that it would take a while for me to get over all of my blood loss and it's just frustrating to have constant fatigue even after napping.

      Delete
  3. He's just gorgeous, Heidi! When does Jared get back? I'm here for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Heidi. My car just bit the dust. I am coming over to see you as soon as I can work out my car issues. Is your neice not here this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that your car died! Sorry. I'm doing better. My neice didn't come so after my bad Monday, my mom came back for a couple of days. Thank heavens. :) She made everything better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts