Making the Last Month Count

Jared and I bought a home a little over 3 years ago.  We figured that depending on his first job, we could either live in it post residency at least for a little while, rent it out, or sell it.  We still haven't decided which of those it's going to be.

The house has gone through lots of changes  (See here  and here).

Even the inside has changed a bit.  Mostly just shifting things around here and there.  In fact, last year we got this nice comfy rug for the living room.  The problem is with my dark couches and the dark rug, it's just dark.  ugg.  I was browsing couch slip covers this morning.  Not sure if the husband will see the practicality in it, but it's driving me crazy.

The house has gone through lots of changes.  The exterior, however, has been sorely neglected.

 Don't mind the super long grass.  Usually the landscaping looks nicer, but I'm almost 8 months pregnant, couldn't get the lawnmower started and my husband works 90 hour weeks.  It has since been mowed. He came home last Saturday after working a 30 hour shift and mowed it.



So, we're winding down on this residency phase in our lives and the exterior needs to be finished before we either rent it out or sell it.  What better time to start than right before our next baby?!

This morning I went driving around looking for inspiration on house colors.  I want something that would appeal to a wide range of people since we won't be staying there much longer.  I'm wondering if that means it needs to be neutral??

Here's what I came up with so far:


This is kind of hard to see, but it's a pretty light neutral color.  Jared really likes this color.  I could do a colored door or stick to black.  Our roof is about the same color.

Maybe even a little bit warmer like this one.

This is actually my friend's house. :)  As I was looking at the previous house, I thought that hers was probably about that same color.  So, here's kind of what it would look like if we chose a red or colored door instead of black.

I pinned this house a while ago because I loved the color combo.  The house on either side of us is grey, so Jared is hesitant to do grey.  I think I would need lots of white trim if I went this dark.

I also pinned this one.  Same idea, just a bit lighter.  Where do I find a door like that?  


This is a house my friend remodeled.  Again, I like the red door. It's kind of a greenish color which I am always drawn to.  

I took this picture because I want the pillar in my carport to be wrapped like this one.

Example of what NOT to do. :)

Another friend's house.  I like the idea of yellow and grey as well.  Hers turned out cute.

Another friend is remodeling.  She has the same exterior style as mine.  She pained most of the big window bump out white to highlight the body color. 

Tomorrow I'm going to grab some paint samples and paint the back of my house and nail down a color.  Lot's of decisions.  I hope I like what I end up choosing!

Comments

  1. I've never seen those "before" pictures. What an amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! It's always kind of funny to look back to see where it started.

      Delete
  2. Oh Heidi, I was hoping you guys would be staying here. Do you know where you are going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, not yet. There is still a possibility we could stay. Just looking other places as well.

      Delete
  3. So fun!! I love all of those ideas! I agree with you that neutral is the safest way to go for renting/selling.
    Isn't it fun to sit and pin a "someday house"? And you are almost there!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts