Nesting?




I'm guessing that with each new baby, adjustments are difficult in different ways.  I think I was shocked with my first on how much my life would change.  The second was difficult because I was juggling a toddler and an infant.  This time, more than the last two times, I am anticipating the "adjustment stage".  I feel like I have been nesting for a month and I still have 2 to go.

So far...

I have been on many large shopping trips to fill my cupboards with all the staples so there won't be any last minute runs to the store or running out of things that we use often

Cooked, shredded, and frozen lots of chicken breast - I don't have a freezer big enough to fill it with complete freezer meals.

Made and frozen cookie dough (isn't that a staple??)

Organized Jake & Marley's closet

Organized the linen closet

Planned meals through the end of October along with the shopping list for the week

Sorted and organized baby clothes and toys



I still have lots more on my list that I want to get done before this little guy comes.  I'm hoping the preparations I'm making now will help the adjustment stage go more smoothly.  At least it's keeping me busy while I'm waiting out the 2 most uncomfortable months of pregnancy.

How do you prepare for a new baby?





Comments

  1. Man Heidi! I am so impressed! I can't imagine being more prepared than you are. Good for you.
    We should probably have you teach a RS night on how to prepare to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts