Weekend in Vegas

On Jared's side of the family, big celebration = luau, which really means tons of food.  It's great.

Jake made the trip extra exciting, deciding that he could not wet his diaper anymore (first time he decided that).  It happened to be dark and stormy and desolate between here and Vegas - thus the excitement of pulling off the road and letting him go in the rocks, in the dark, and in the rain.  Not to mention our poor car was on it's last leg.  I worried every time we stopped that it wasn't going to start again.


 The reason for the celebration was that kid behind Jared in the green shirt, my nephew.  Sad, but I think that's the only pic I got of him and it was on my phone.

He is going on an LDS mission for 2 years.

 Family.




This pig was watched over for more than 24 hours.  Everyone gathers around when we pull it off the spit and start cutting it apart.  When the cutting began, Jake quietly started saying things like, "Mommy, they are hurting that pig why are they hurting him?"  Bad on my part.  Jake is super sensitive and I totally forgot.  We quickly went inside while everyone finished up.  It took him a while to forget about the poor pig.  Marley has asked a lot of questions about the meat we have eaten since that day.

 My side of the family decided to come down as well. It was so great to see my parents, sister, & brothers for a little bit on Sunday.  We don't get to see them often enough.  Can you tell how thrilled Marley is to be with her Grandma?  Jake was thrilled too, he just doesn't like his picture taken.


 Grandparents + grandkids.



 Me - 18 weeks.

Comments

  1. The pig might have weirded me out a bit too. I'm still sitting here squinting trying to see that cute little baby belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Jake, and his big boy decisions. I love to see your family and how they've grown. I couldn't believe how tall Brock is. I still picture him so little and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH HEIDI! Congratulations! I can't wait to see another beautiful Ogao baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts