Marley Turned 5

Marley had vision for her birthday party.  It involved building a castle, dressing as royalty, and eating cake. 

I started planning.  I called a couple of princesses that would make a surprise appearance and started trying to figure out how to incorporate all of her ideas.

Next, I asked her for a guest list.  There were 2 names: our next door neighbor and her friend from school.

Not gonna happen.  I wasn't going to spend weeks planning a big party for 2 girls.  So, I went to plan b and planned the party for 2 days later on her actual birthday.

2 girls turned out to be 10 kids.

Castle.  This provided hours of entertainment in the weeks following the party, but was eventually ruined in a rain storm.  


pizza

Friends (mostly neighbor girls)

presents
(barbies, jewels, & make-up) Her friends know her well.

Happy Birthday Marley-girl.

You are compassionate.  Each night as I'm closing the door to your room, I hear you lean over to Jake and ask if he's ok and then you sing him songs until he falls asleep.

You are fun.  Most evenings after dinner, you ask me to turn on music and you and Jake dance around the room until I convince you it's time for bed.

You are independent.  This one is tough for me, but I know it will be to your advantage someday. You like to pick our your own outfits.  You recently started wanting to do your own hair (smile).  You walk yourself into school.

You are a sweetheart, we love you.







Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to Marley. I bet a great time was had by all and you got to enjoy it after it was all cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooooo adorable! How do you know squeeze her every day? :) Happy Birthday Marley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts