Willem (left) is obsessed with trains and Jake is just entering the train phase, so today we went looking for trains.  I know that I have a tendency to get caught up in conversation and not pay too much attention to my surroundings and today was no different.  We were walking along some tracks near some trains, chatting when a police/security officer drives up and tells us we are trespassing and must get out immediately.

So, we left our train search and decided to head to a park.

Ever since we visited Kincaid Park that first night, Marley has been begging to go back, so today we did.


 What at stinkin' cutie.

 Marley and Jake are having lots of practice taking care of a baby (which they are loving). :)


 We started down a path and almost got hit many times by bikers.  I think it is easily apparent who the tourists are in places like this.  At one point some bikers rode past and told us to check out the moose around the bend.
 This is what we saw.  For some reason, all judgement flew out the window and I started snapping pictures.  Another pair of bikers stopped and did the same thing.

 Look how close I put my children to that thing. What the heck was I thinking??

 Way too close. 

Looking at this picture actually makes me feel like a neglectful parent. Seriously, those brown fuzzy moose aren't friendly and often charge when they are close to people. 

For some reason I totally forgotten about that when I saw it and started taking pictures.




Luckily, no harm was done and I have learned my lesson for another time.  Stay clear of the wild animals!  :)  Later, our fellow picture-taking bikers caught up to us on the trail and said that some Alaskan's saw them taking pictures and told them that they were way too close and that moose can be dangerous.  Next time we will keep that in mind.

I don't know if our kids are desensitized from going to the zoo or what, but they were quite unimpressed by the moose.  They wanted to pet it and immediately wondered what the next large animal would be along our trail. ha.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts