Happy Solstice

sum·mer sol·sticeNoun
1. The solstice that marks the onset of summer, at the time of the longest day, about June 21 in the northern hemisphere and December 22 in the southern hemisphere.



The first 2 things we did the first time we came to Alaska were: 
#1 Eat at Moose's Tooth 
#2 Go to Kincaid Park.

Guess what the first 2 things we did this time around?  :)

Oh and clean the car!!

This park is absolutely stunning.  It's on the water (I believe the Turnagain arm is to the South) and has a huge paved walk way that runners and bikers use.  Last time we ran into a moose on this trail.

 We went to the park after these guys got off work, so this was taken around 7pm.  

 Marley has made a half dozen dandelion bouquets so far. She sings as she gathers them and then tells me I can have them to get married.  



When I went to bed at midnight last night, the sun was still up.  It's crazy!  We had dinner with our friends after we got back from the park and they were here until 10:30 before we realized we should probably get our kids to bed.

Bring on the sunshine!

Comments

  1. wow! looks like so much fun. the park is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so crazy! I noticed the wrap around your BOB handle. Was that to prevent what happened to Shelley's when she flew with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun? And gorgeous? And weird? I'm used to it a bit now. Every now and then I get surprised by the time and such. You must've stolen our sunshine. I've been trying to take a picture of the "solstice" sunset, but it's been cloudy up here since Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever we are up there in the summer, we forget to eat dinner until really late and bedtime? Forget about it! Yum, yum for Moose's Tooth. Another favorite of ours is Chair 5 in Girdwood. They have great nachos. I used to work at Phyllis's Salmon Bake, but I'm not sure it's still there? Maybe a fire? Anyway, their halibut fish and chips were famous. Enjoy the Midnight Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, ha ha yes! I didn't want my handle to get ripped. :)

    Allison, I love the sunshine. It's usually cloudy in the morning and then sunny the rest of the day.

    Jane, Thanks for the suggestions. If you have any more, I welcome them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts