4:00 PM

Text Convo on Monday.  4:00 PM.

Jared:  "Pizza tonight, right?"
Me:     "Following up to be sure I'm making dinner tonight?"
Jared:  "Darn straight!"

When we were first married we had a few bumps when it came to meals.  It was an unspoken expectation that I would do the grocery shopping and make dinner.  Jared was in medical school.  I was working my first full-time job and doing online and night classes.  Food is more important to Jared and will always probably be more important to him.   It was important to him that he had a good meal in the evening.  I was fine with a bowl of cereal. :)  Needless to say I changed, mostly for him, and for the last 7 years have been pretty good at meal planning and grocery shopping.

Last week was different.  I was just burned out.  I didn't grocery shop and I didn't cook.  We had pancakes, ordered pizza, had sandwiches, etc.  I find myself often spending time planning, shopping, and cooking and then Jared doesn't come home from work and the kids won't eat what I fixed and I could have easily eaten something simple myself.  Frustrating.  It was a nice break :) but Jared was wondering what happened to his wife.  I told him it was good for him to realize what he appreciates about me. lol

Comments

  1. Good for you for taking a little vacation from the kitchen. I don't mind cooking, but I get tired of the everyday-ness of it, it's neverending.
    I saw a cartoon once of a husband that came home one evening and the house and kitchen was in complete disarray. When he asked about it, the wife replied, "You know when you ask me what I do all day? Well, today I didn't do it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish food wasn't important to me. I do love how Shad gushes over how well he eats though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wish food wasn't important to me! And I know I wouldn't enjoy it if I had to do it 3 times a day, every day. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was exaggerating a bit I think when I said food wasn't important to me. :) If I lived alone I wouldn't spend an hour cooking a meal and hours planning (by shopping and finding new, exciting things to eat). I think Cynthia hit the nail on the head when she said that she gets tired of the neverending everyday-ness of it. :) I appreciate how my own mom was always cooking us yummy home cooked meals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts