Jared's vacation was partly spent studying for an exam....bleh. But, it was a necessary evil. Even with his 8am-2, 3, or 4 pm study hours we managed to do a LOT of playing. I try not to let it make me sad that he doesn't get to do all of these things on a more regular basis. I keep telling myself that someday he will be able to work less and spend more time with us. Delayed gratification is taking WAY too long. :)
Some of our activities included (but were mostly not photographed):
- Movie Night. Marley wants this to be a weekly tradition. We all put on our jammies, brought out blankets & pillow and of course popped popcorn.
- Hike. We did this one morning when Marley was in school. Jake rode up on Jared's back.
- We had a date night and a temple night.
- Marley's Birthday party
- Ate breakfast with us. :) Helped me get kids ready in the morning and Marley off to school. Helped get kids to bed. Projects...I painted the front door while he took the kids in the stroller on his rollerblades. We played outside and just relaxed.
- I realized how much I love my husband. I already knew that, but it was so great to spend time with him and have time to talk about more than just the necessities of life.