New Puppy


Marley has been wanting this "puppy purse" as she calls it for months now.  The dog has it's own carrying case AND a leash.  That was a winning combo in her eyes.  She saw it at Target and has not been able to stop talking about it.  So, this week I broke down and got it for her.  I love being the nice mommy :)  I know it's not good to get your kids any/everything they want but it sure is fun to get something they really want once in a while.

 We took puppy with us on a little walk.  She and Jake both treat this stuffed animal as though it is real.  I don't know how I got 2 puppy-obsessed kids, but they are.  Secretly I would love a dog myself, but I don't know if/when Jared will see the value in adding an animal to our lives.





 I have been trying to figure out the manual setting on my camera.  The problem with using my kids as practice is that they are constantly moving and each time they move into different light or shade, I have to adjust my settings.  I have a really hard time getting a good smile/shot and the right exposure.


Can you tell she is happy about her puppy? :)

Comments

  1. My girls have a smaller version of those. I love your pictures, and I love that Marley only has one earing on. Sometimes I want the warmth I feel when I see your pictures of the backyard and Pheonix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has had her ears pierced 2x now. Each time the same earring has come out and the hole has closed before I could get an earring in it. She loves wearing an earring. I think it will be that way for a while :) It's already cost me $40...not ready for it to be $60. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trevin has that same dog except his has a blue shirt,comb, bows, leash, and bag instead of pink. We named him Spanky. We had to get him when Trevin was really little because he used to pull my hair all night long to keep himself alseep. So we got the dog because it has long hair and Trevin could pull on it instead of my hair. Trevin is very protective of Spanky and won't even let Libby look at him! How funny that they have the same dog. Don't you love its long hair? It looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on getting your kids something fun just because you can. Especially when they really, really want it! Unfortunatly for me... they always loose interest so fast!!

    You're getting to be a pro at your camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I got reeeeeally excited to see your new puppy, seeing as how I love puppies. And then I giggled at Marley's puppy and how she and Jake treat it like it's real, because I remember both my youngest sisters doing the same thing. How cute.
    Also, I think my blogger thing is messed up cuz I was trying to figure out why all of a sudden I had like 14 new posts to read on your blog. Oh well, it made for a happy 45 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilary - that is too funny. :)

    Jen - that usually happens to my kids too, but this was different because she has wanted it for sooo long :)

    Jael - I just made the blog public again. Blogger limits the number of invites you can send out when it's private, so I thought I make is public again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts