Balance

A couple of months ago our days were mostly spent on the front lawn - Marley riding her bike while Jake and I played with toys on the blanket.  In the afternoon while Jake was sleeping, Marley and I would transfer the blanket to the backyard under the lemon tree.  We would eat our sandwiches out there and then read books or draw on the sidewalk.  Why is it so difficult to keep life simple?  At times I feel that it is hard to feel fulfilled at home, doing dishes that will become dirty again, sweeping floors that will need sweeping again, and making meals that may or may not be liked by my children.  So, I find things to add to my life to feel fulfilled, things to do that can be checked off a list so I can feel productive.  Projects to do and classes to take.  Not that those things are bad, but it's just so dang hard for me sometimes to find a good balance.  Yesterday, after rushing around doing errands in the morning, eating lunch and then putting Jake down and then thinking about all the other things that I needed to get done, Marley came over to me and asked if we could take the blanket to the back lawn and read stories.  Thank you for the reminder, Marley.  Sometimes the best thing to do is sit and be together.

Comments

  1. You are such a wonderful mother. I hope to be more like you in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that you're amazing at getting everything accomplished every day! I probably need to spend more time cleaning and running errands and be a little less indulgent with all the reading and books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hyde. Balance. When you figure out how to achieve this in your life will you please give me a lesson? This is tricky. Very very tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss picnics under the tree in our yard. You will miss them too one day. I know people will say that to young moms all the time, but it really is a fun time to look back on and remember the days of drawing on the sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts