Trial Run

In desperate need of some air filters of all things, I went on a Home Depot run. I have not really ventured off to the store with both kids yet, but I figured it would be easy & quick. The last couple of months Marley hasn't wanted to ride in the cart. She prefers helping me push. Well we pull up to Home Depot and I grab a cart. I situate Jake's seat in the cart and help Marley out of the car. Immediately she decides she wants to ride in the cart. I ask her to help me push and she throws herself on the pavement kicking and screaming. Finally, with my purse on my shoulder, pushing the cart with one hand and carrying my screaming 2 yr old in the other, we make it into Home Depot. I grab our air filters and we head home. Marley stopped screaming about the time we pulled into our driveway. Oh what it would be like to live close to family and be able to grocery shop or do any kind of errand without this kind of drama!! Next time I will bring the baby carrier and hope she doesn't throw a tantrum about not getting to ride in that!! :)

On a happier note, here is Marley helping me make cookies.



I'm pretty sure there was lots of double dipping :)


I wish I would have taken a pic of the cookies she put on the cookie sheet :)  

Comments

  1. I remember only being able to go to stores for one item only. Grab the sucker and get out. There's life with kids (plural) for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the drama is going to get more mentally harder than physically. Ella is starting some drama that makes me wish I was hauling her under my arm kicking and screaming, instead of the mind games I am getting.

    Hang in there it'll get easier. Have you seen these baby carriers? I have one and love it, I'd love it even more if I was small like you and my friend so they'd look better on me. http://thejentchwrap.blogspot.com/. Probably should've just e-mailed you, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts