Marley's Love/Hate Relationship with...

Music.  

Lately I have refused to listen to music with her.  

We get in the car, turn on itunes, turn on the ipod and she cannot be pleased with anything that comes on.  

We try kid music--nope.  
Alternative - nope.  
Religious :) - nope.  
Pop - nope.  
Oldies - nope.  
I even tried Christmas music.

There are usually a couple that she loves.  One of those is "Hey Ya" by Outkast.  She loves this song and cheers when it comes on.  But honestly, if I hear that song one more time I'm going to vomit.  So for now my music of choice is silence.  She doesn't like that either, but it sure beats the screaming fits I hear when the wrong song comes on!


Comments

  1. Haha I guess she knows what she likes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Helena is the same way! What is it with them! I think these two would be great friends :) Her song of choice lately has been none other than "YMCA!" She HAS to dance to that song over and over again and it drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it might have something to do with the age. Dallin is going through a similar phase. When I turn the radio on in the car is either yelling, "Don't like that song!" "Too loud" "Not that song!" "Change da channel" or "MUSIC mom, MUSIC"
    UGH! It wears me out trying to please him so most of the time I tell him that the radio is taking a nap and I have the kids sing instead. Until they start fighting over who gets to sing which song, then it's silence for us too. (Well, besides the fighting, counting, yelling, and other miscellaneous conversations going on.)
    :-]]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gads...I remember listening to "We Will Rock You" over and over and over to for go a fit from two year old Jamis. Now Treven and Lexi are spoiled with a DVD in the car and think that they need a movie EVERY time we go anywhere. It gets pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember, We will Rock you, with Jamis. My kids have favorites but never cry when other music is played. They like it loud, and Kobe really likes hip-hop music other than that were good to go. But lets not talk about some other issues my kiddos have.

    Good luck with her and Music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that she loves Outkast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read your last post about your husband working 92 hours. How in the HECK do you survive? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts