Obsessions

My friend, Allison, recently did a post on her family's obsessions.  I started thinking about my family's obsessions--well Marley's obsessions.

#1 Music.  Seriously, this girl not only loves music but is picky about her music.  She's a great car dancer :)  Just today a song came on the radio that wasn't to her liking and she started hollering for me to change it.  She rules the tunes in our car.

#2  Vacuums.  Currently we are sharing 1 vacuum between the 3 residents up here.  A few days ago I picked it up.  It is sitting in my closet where Marley can see it.  (At home it's in a closet that isn't opened often where she doesn't see it.)  Anyway, every time she sees it, she insists on me vacuuming (while holding her).  

I'm thinking of getting a smaller version for her for Christmas.  Maybe I can find one that actually works :)


Ok--I'll add a couple of my husband's :)  

#1 Cold Cereal. There is rarely a day that goes by that he doesn't eat cold cereal before bed.  It doesn't matter how much he eats for dinner, he has to eat cold cereal before bed.  He tells me that if he doesn't eat before bed, he can't sleep. 

#2 Deals.  He has a really hard time passing up a good deal, but more than that he has a hard time paying full-price for anything.  It's gotten to the point where I don't really like buying things for him.  First of all I'm not that good at finding "great deals" and he seems to not enjoy things as much unless you pay less than full price for it.  An example of a good deal:  My husband likes darts.  We don't have any--we really don't have a place for a dart board right now.  But, he found a set of really nice darts, normally $30 on sale for $3.  How am I supposed to get all his gifts on deals like that??  :)  

Comments

  1. I'd have to agree with Jared - cold cereal cleans my palate before bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith eats cereal before bed too. And if he gets up during the middle of the night for some reason like Hannah or the dogs as of lately, he'll have another bowl. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I wish I had an obsession with the vacuum cleaner, maybe my floor wouldn't look like it does. I wanted to tell you beware of the kids vacuums that work, they burn through batteries very quickly. But I do think it is a good idea. My kids love the broom, I thought about buying them these miniature one that were at Target, they were actually for dorm rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you how cute that picture of Marley is on your sidebar? It looks like it could be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! Tupou also obsesses over a great deal and has to eat before bed for the same reasons, must be a polynesian thing. It has been a long time since we talked. What are you doing in Alaska anyway? You're not coming back to the ward, are you? :( Where is your new house?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts