Home For Now
I've tried for the last 2 days to upload pictures, but our internet connection is ssslllowww and uploading pictures is just too much.
We made it to Anchorage in one piece. (I now know what I'm in for traveling back with Marley and I'm not looking forward to it!)
I had been warned that our apartment leaves something to be desired, so I had geared myself up for the worse and it's really not too bad. It has fresh paint and new carpet and is actually quite spacious.
It is lush and green here! Seriously, I forgot what it was like to live outside the desert. I took some gorgeous pictures at a park down the street. Last night, we went on a walk in Kincaid Park near the ocean and ran into a moose! I was a bit nervous because it was so close to us. Marley was dying to run over and pet it.
The weather is perfect for hiking, running, walking, and playing at the park. It's a nice break from the heat--ok to be honest, it's a little chilly--but Jared & Marley are loving it :) I'm just a sunshine girl I think.
There are some things I am missing....
- sunshine (it's always cloudy)
- kitchen stuff (pitcher, mixer, blender, crock pot)
- 2 bedrooms (last night Marley screamed for an hour because she wanted out of her bed and into ours)
- cell phone - yeah, mine didn't work when we first arrived. THANKFULLY my mom bought me a new one, programmed it and express delivered it. It arrived today! Mom, you're a life saver.
- My own washer & dryer (there is coin-op in the basement)
But, I figure I can live without those things for a couple of months. I'm anxious to explore more of Alaska--see some whales & glaciers and see some beautiful country!