Single People Food

One of the things I like least about my husband working and overnight shift is that I have to fix food for just myself and eat alone.  I am such a social eater I decided.  I like to cook dinner and like good-tasting food, but all of that is ruined when I don't have someone to share it with. Does anybody else have this same problem?  I don't even remember what I used to eat in college, but I know it probably wasn't good.  Marley is just an all-round picky eater.  No use fixing something fancy for the 2 of us when I know she won't touch it with a 10-foot pole.  So, today I came home from church and put Marley to bed.  Next, I went to find something to eat.  I'm sick of sandwiches and sick of canned soup (it's really not that great to begin with & besides that it's loaded with sodium).  I ate a banana for breakfast.  No left-overs.  So what did I eat?

Black beans and rice (only my rice was brown & all I had to do was heat it up in the microwave because I actually had some in the fridge from last night).
With salsa on top.

Yum.

Comments

  1. Let's keep the creative food tips coming. I'm sick of sandwiches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way, if Gary is working late, late I don't see the point of going to all the trouble to make a nice meal. I too like having someone there to appreciate all my hardwork. My kids are happier when I make something easy like spagetti or scrambled eggs and toast. The easy stuff is what my kids likes the most.
    p.s. thanks for catching my error on my blog links :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black beans and rice. I also will make big things of homemade soup, much better than canned. Then I'll freeze a lot of it for single serves later. I'll also make big dinners, turkeys, roasts, chicken, and some casseroles. Then I freeze most if it for home alone nights. Also, I do like Lean Cuisines, they're tasty I usually have a couple of them on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely relate! Let's just say I haven't cooked in awhile...and I don't foresee any in the near future either. :) Oh well. Anyway, thanks for the memory. :) I remember having everyone tell me that you were from CC, but not being able to recognize you...until I figured out your maiden name. :) We DID have fun in YW, didn't we...sigh. Fun times, fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also hate eating alone and I never cook for myself. We have started eating dinner between 4:30 and 5:30 just so we can eat together because there are many days that is the only hour Logan has available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like most girls are alike...I don't like cooking for myself either. The kids don't appreciate it, and I don't care to go to the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay this will probably sound really crazy, because one I have never met you and two it has been a LONG time since I have spoken to Jared. He would maybe remember me as Becky Stradling. I was a couple of years ahead of Jared in school, and a year or so behind Mikki. I used to babysit for Naomi and would love to talk with her. She was actually really good friends with my brother and from reading your blog, I see that she lives in Vegas, and so does he. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, it's fun to see how people are doing. I think it's great that he's doing so well in his residency program! Wow! Jared Oago's going to be a Surgeon! That's great, and what a DARLING daughter you have. Could you give Naomi my email rebeccawood05@gmail.com. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd also consider myself a social eater. No sense making something great if it's just me and the kids eating it... they eat well... but don't give me the rave reviews and yummmms that I need to feel appreciated.

    Yeah, we pretty much ate like junk in college!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts