Freaky Easter Morning

Marley-girl and I were totally late for church on Sunday. We woke up late and we didn't get faster from there. I open the garage door, throw Marley in her carseat, hop in the driver's seat, put the car in reverse, look back and there is a red truck blocking my way. I was ticked. I jumped out of the car and tell the guy (who was coming towards me) to get out of the way. (Normally I am much more polite, but I was late!) He keeps walking towards me

Freaky Guy: Hey, uh how long have you lived here?
Me: (glaring at him) Like a year. Can you move?
Freaky Guy: Uh, well someone has been messing with my truck (still moving toward me and almost in my garage)
SIDE NOTE: I have NEVER seen his truck!!
Me: silent
Freaky Guy: (Looking at my plates) "Didn't you used to have Wisconsin plates?"
Me: Yeah, now can you move??? I'm late!

I hop back in my car, put it in reverse and start inching back. He hesitates, acting like he wants to come back into my garage and say something. I keep inching back. Finally, he gets into his truck and drives away.

At first, I was just irritated and thought that if he thought someone was messing with his crappy truck he should just go into the office and tell them. How would I know anything about it? Then I was ticked that he came into my garage and blocked me in. Then I was scared. How did he know that I had Wisconsin plates?? I ALWAYS park inside my garage. Why did he block me in my garage?

Maybe it was just a guy that decided to take his truck matters into his own hands and maybe there's nothing to be scared of but SERIOUSLY there are some freaky and weird people out there!

Comments

  1. Why do weirdos come when we are in a rush or very busy?
    I would keep watching for signs of him ,just in case, especially when they noticed your old WI plate... fishy! Not to panic though..
    You have Jared, the BIG guy, to protect you... but you seem to manage well on your own:)
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mase. Start carrying it. That's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you got back in your car and srtated to drive. I really think you were watced out for. Sorry for that crazy moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to forget there are strange people out there with bad intentions when we are "normal" with good intentions and surround ourselves with people we feel are the same. I just figure, especially these days, you can't be too safe. There's really no such thing as too safe anymore because the scary people are mcuh worse.

    I remember driving home from work by myself and a group of guys yelling at me to pull over because my front tire was rubbing against something. They were yelling from their window that my tire would blow if I didn't pull over. I was totall convinced I was going to blow my tire but for some reason I just kept driving home. I got home and my tire was fine, everything was in top shape. SCARY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is freaky! Be safe, and like someone else said carry Mase or something & LOCK your doors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would have freaked me out too Hyde. I'm sure you are watched over though! Although, I would definitely keep my eye out for him. Weird. I'm sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really creepy. I agree with all of the above. I would keep my eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I hope you never see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scarey! Lock your doors! What did Jared say about this? Blocking your drive way, hesitating to leave, and knowing you had WI plates are major red flags to me! Sounds very fishy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creepy! and congrats on staying! You are so lucky to have that warm weather, looks like fun. Marley is getting so big. She is incredibly beautiful! Wish I could see her and you guys in person. Take care,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, girl. That's sketchy stuff. You were blessed for getting yourself to Church. Be careful--I don't like the sound of that. I second the Mase suggestion. How are you??? Miss chatting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts