Messy Day

Mess #1

This morning we rush in to church and find that the only seats that are available are front and center. In our childless days this wasn't a bad thing, but I like to have a quick exit and be a little out of the spotlight in case Marley decides to put on a show. We had just begun Sacrament Meeting when Marley reaches in the diaper bag and pulls out a plastic container that I put her formula in when we're out and about. She starts playing with it, when it dawns on me that the lid might come off and she should probably play with something else. As soon as that thought hit me, it happened. Formula ALL OVER. The fine powder was all over her, the diaper bag, the floor, the pew, and all over the people's things who were sitting behind us. I was so embarrassed, but there wasn't a thing I could do until the meeting was over. Needless to say, I was vacuuming like a mad woman before the next meeting started. If people didn't notice our accident when it happened, they heard the story when I was vacuuming!

Mess #2
Before church I had put a large 9 pound ham in the oven. My mother-in-law had given it to us while we were visiting over Christmas and I thought it would be tastey after church. When we walked in the door from church it smelled like something was burning and the oven was smoking a little. I opened the door and this is what I found
Cooking lesson #1 : Do not try to cook a large ham in pyrex. What a mess! Now I have an oven to scrub clean tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Good Luck with cleaning up your mess, that doesn't look too fun. Happy Birthday to Marley, I hope she had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like my typical day since I had my 3rd baby:) I don't understand why the baking pan broke???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's a good thing you wrote this down. You'll read about it one day with fond memories of young motherhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why the baking pan broke either...I wasn't home when it happened. I don't think I'll try to cook a large hunk of meat in one of those things again though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT nice relaxing Sunday you had!:( At least you'll have a sparkling clean oven after all is said and done, right????

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Heidi. I hope you can get your oven clean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Why does everything happen on the same day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! How frustrating! Oven messes are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have just won the embrassing moment for the new year!

    And the cooking award goes to.............

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts