Phoenix Weather


The kind of "winter weather" that has all of the weather forecasters in Phoenix excited is 60 degrees and rainy. True, about 30 units in our apartment complex flooded due to all the rain but I was still sporting shorts and flip-flops. I can handle this "extreme" weather.

I was all ready to do some major errand-running when Marley woke-up from her nap. The car and diaper bag were packed and I had my lists ready to go. But, Marley was in awe of the rain and wanted to go explore. So we put the errands on hold and I sent her out the door.




At first she just looked but then she wanted to feel and taste it. Well she wanted to taste everything she could get her hands on. She has these new tricks where she pretends to put something in her mouth. She does 1 of 2 things.

1. She will put her hand up to her mouth as if she is putting something in it.
or
2. She will chew on her tongue to make it look like she is eating something.

She loves the reaction she gets from me with these tricks. When I find that she's not really eating anything she'll run away and laugh.












Just gettin' dirty

Trying to get closer to the rain. I love the kind of rainy days that are still sunny.

After her bath...she loves to put these little stuffed animals up to her face and then run around.

My little "unhelper". That's what I call her. She is busy busy all day long undoing everything I do. I was trying to put these lights on our 3' Christmas tree and she thought they were just an accessory to her dance moves.

"Thanks for the new toy mama"

"Shhh....I am concentrating really hard on how to get these lights on that tree."

Comments

  1. Heidi, the only kind of rainy days in Phoenix are the sunny kind:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. Their cute personalities really show at such a young age :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny I was looking at some of your bloggers and on "Rich & Juli" my little girl saw a picture of their daughter and thought it was her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, aren't kids fun when they get interested in the weather? The other day Logan took Jadyn outside and said, "boy its hot out here." she put her hands on her hips and said, "NO DAD, it is snowing and cold".
    She is quite fascinated with the snow and snowmen. She wants to wear her snowsuit all the time.
    One year olds are so much fun to watch as they see things for the first time, or act interested for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, Sundevils beat us Wildcats up! Joel pretty much watched the entire game standing up and 2 inches away from the TV!

    Looks like you're gearing up for Christmas, this time of year is fun with little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts