Christmas with the Shipp's

This MUCH anticipated weekend was plagued with sickness!

FIRST My dad had to work late on Friday so instead of arriving Friday afternoon they arrived Saturday at 1:00AM. THEN Jared, Marley and I were all sick with a stomach virus THEN Dad got an ear infection/sore throat/fever, FINALLY Rhett & Brock caught the stomach virus. They finally gave up Monday morning and just headed home. What a bum weekend! I am just so sick of sickness I want to scream!

Inevitably there are a few stories told EACH time we are all together as a family.

#1 One Sunday afternoon Chad and I decided to play a nice quiet game of Monopoly. We wouldn't let Rhett join in, but he stayed to watch anyway. After what I felt like was cheating, I got upset and punched Chad and gave him a bloody nose. I knew I was about to experience the consequence of my action, so I ran into the bathroom and locked the door. To retaliate Chad went into my room to try to mess it up. He opened some drawers and knocked over a chair. There is still a blood stain on the wood of the inside of my built-in desk to remind us of that day.

#2 How my dad blamed Rhett for hitting Chad with a piece of barbed wire when really a kid from across the creek in our back yard shot him with a bee bee (sp?) gun. (They were really young kids at the time) My dad didn't realize this is what happened until the doctor pulled out the bee bee from Chad's head and showed it to him. My dad, of course, felt bad and apologized to Rhett but I don't think Rhett has ever been able to let it go. :)

#3 Chad thinking that guy's swimming suits were underwear and would ONLY wear my swimming suits. We have some GREAT pictures to prove it :)

#4 Chad still claims one of the scariest times of his was when he was 5 (?) I would have been 7. He threw a tonka truck at my friend Susy and hit her in the face. They were fighting over whose dad was stronger. She ran out of our house crying. He said the look on my face was scarier than the yelling and probably hitting that occurred directly after. Why was I so violent?

There are countless others, but these are just a few.

Marley, of course, was showered with Christmas and Birthday gifts while the Shipp's were in town.


So far this one is the fav

"Thank you Gma and Gpa"

"Oh the seat even opens!"

"Beep Beep"

Can they make these packages any harder to open? Marley was more into all the wires and packaging that seeing what was inside.

"I don't care what the doll looks like Mom I just want the plastic"


"Hmm...I hope that doll isn't real. She'll really cramp my ways if she thinks she's gonna sit on MY mama's lap."

Yep, she pretty much got spoiled. Doll, stroller, train/car, musical toy, pooh bear, etc.

Tara gave Marley this cute purple jacket. Marley totally freaked out when I wanted to take a picture of her with Tara. She has turned into a real mama's girl lately and has to be touching me at all times. I really hope she grows out of it soon.

Tara also got us Apples to Apples--totally FUN game! We had a great time trying it out with the whole family.

Comments

  1. I was SO sad to hear about the crummies hitting everyone this weekend! I did get a kick out of hearing all the stories you all tell because I remember all of them! I do think the reason behind Chad throwing a truck at me was because we were fighting over whose dad was stronger than whose...great times...Will you please get me a copy of that picture of all of us in the back of my Dad's truck...I'm not sure if Chad's wearing his undies or one of your swim suits. Either way, it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had some fun on Christmas even if you were all sick. I saw your comment on Amberlynn's blog about printing on blurb, which is what I am trying to do and plan to do each year, but when I put our blog in the formatting was all goofy and now I'm having a hard time fixing it. Did you have this problem? Did I do something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sus-
    Ha! I forgot that's what you were fighting about. I will have to edit my post! I asked my mom about that picture when she was here. She thinks it is packed away. She is still unpacking from the remodel. I will post it when she gets it to me. :)

    Steph-

    I signed up with blurb and downloaded my book and then didn't go any further because I wanted to wait until I had all my postings finished through the end of the year. Sorry I can't help you. I remember being able to choose which formatting I wanted. Can you go back and tweek it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, who is the "strange" girl shown in a couple of the pictures? Did somebody bring a girl friend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say Marley did really well this Christmas. She must have been REALLY GOOD! Oh, and I saw Steph's comment to you. Let me know what the answer is, if you know. I haven't tried doing it yet (because I'm still trying to catch up for the first part of the year) but definately could see me having the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stupid stomach virus was totally going around this Christmas! Todd ended up in the E.R. Christmas night with it because he was so dehydrated! Glad to see you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts