happy thanksgiving


We were excited to have some company join us for Thanksgiving. Jared worked Thursday morning and was on -call Friday, so going anywhere was a bit out of the question. However, we did sure take advantage of the time we did have! After stuffing the turkey in the oven, we headed off to Camelback mountain for a "hike". It was more like a climb and as a result of this "hike" my turkey cooked 2 hours longer than it was supposed to! It was all good though when we returned and ate the moist, delicious turkey...maybe it was a good thing it overcooked.


Chad (yes ladies, he is single!), me , Jared, Marley (snoozing on the hike), Rhett (he is also single!)


Aaron (should I mention that he's also single?), J, Marley-girl


Marley knows how to hike!


Just before the big feast...

ASU-USC game. You can tell by the look on Marley's face that things weren't going so well for us. We got slaughtered!

On Friday, the uncles, Marley, and I headed to the zoo...Marley loved it! Her favorite was the wolf!? Don't ask me what was so fascinating about that animal. I think she thought it was a dog and since that's what she wants for Christmas she was extra excited about seeing one.

Cruisin...I think this was taken after we rushed back to the car to meet up with AAA after I locked the keys in the car! Notice my attire. I was worried about it being "too cold". It ended up being in the 70's--not too shabby!



Comments

  1. Looks like fun. What a great idea to get some exercise before the turkey meal. You look great Heidi and I love your sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as ever Heidi! Is Chad holding the diaper bag, he looks so natural. What a great catch for someone! I bet you were so happy they came, they are so handsome, love all of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap. Chad and Rhett are so old now! Glad to hear it was a great Thanksgiving! I just wish I had cooked my own turkey just for the leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi!!! I can't believe how old Rhett is now! Has it really been almost 7 years since our little spring break trip to Vegas? He was just a little kid! I love the pics of Marley sleeping on daddy's back--super cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you and your family go hiking every once in a while! Marley looks like she's enjoying it; She was probably dreaming. Glad your thanksgiving went great! By the way, how old is Rhett? :-) He is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya, I know we're all old now :) I usually feel even older seeing how old my younger sibblings are now...crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that your turkey turned out yummy! It looks like it was a beautiful day! Love ya,
    Amberlynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts