(Grandma, Marley and Becky. This is grandma's typical "smile".)

Grandma Shipp and Aunt Becky (Rebecca) came for a visit yesterday and Marley was of course excited to show off for some new people. My grandma had 8 children and named them all "R" names. (Randall, Ronald, Russell, Rex, Rebecca, Richard, Rowland, Renee) The funny thing is that she always has to go through all the names until she gets to the correct one. We have all just learned to "know" who grandma is talking about because she usually doesn't use the correct name. Yesterday was pretty funny because Jared has only met 2 of the siblings and he was getting quite confused as it was and then grandma was using the wrong names.


Marley's other top, front tooth finally broke through!

"Let's see" is something I am saying to Marley all day long. Please tell me why this girl refuses to eat anything I offer her but seems to enjoy everything she finds on the floor? I really don't think dried leaves are all that tasty. When she doesn't have something in her mouth that she's not supposed to have she'll open her mouth really big (as pictured above) and then usually shake her head no. However, when she's trying to quickly swallow the toilet paper she just pulled off the roll or some other exciting treat, she clamps her mouth shut and tries to run away.

Comments

  1. Baby's are funny that way with the things they'll put in their mouths. That is really great that your grandma and aunt came to visit. I bet you two or three, are really enjoying having the family in such reaching distance. Marley looks very happy to have company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fun that they came for a visit! What brought the two of them to town???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marley is seriously the cutest baby girl I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby does the same thing - she loves to put paper or napkins in her mouth and when I try to take them away she crawls as fast as she can in the other direction!! I am glad to hear she is not the only girl giving her mama a hard time! It sounds like Marley is full of personality! She is so cute! Don't you love those new teeth? -they are like little white chicklets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marley, toilet paper is not very tasty. If your going to sneak something, at least go for some of Mommy's fallen cookie crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see your g'ma shipp! I love the pic of marley, I think it was the 3rd one down. Her smile is so darling. I would really love to know that girl. Wait I do feel like I know her with this blog stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marley is SOOO cute, Heidi! I showed my mom your blog and she said, "Heidi is still GORGEOUS!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Grandma's signature smile. ;) How fun for you to see the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's funny is that I can't seem to find any "R" names I like. I really want a kid with alliteration in their name, but nothing sounds good with our last name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw grandma yesterday. I am sure it was fun to see them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts