Hiking




We found some hiking trails over the weekend really close to where we live. It wasn't Zions, Utah but it was fun to get out, hike around, and feel like we were out of the city for a minute. Well, until around one of the bends on our trail we could see the freeway...oh well.

The weather is cooling off a BIT. I think now is the time to go hiking in Phoenix.


As I have mentioned before, Jared is all about the gear. This short hike was definitely a reason to bring some of it out. Just to give you an idea of how differently Jared and I think about these things, I have to tell you about our "preparations". I got dressed, put my shoes on and was "ready to go". After a minute I realized that we weren't going anywhere for a while. Jared started filling camelbacks, getting snacks ready, and finding the right attire. I opened one of the pouches of fruit snacks he got out and watched for a minute thinking, "All this for a little hike?"

I do have to say that I was happy for the water and snacks on our little hike.



I do think our next Marley purchase will be a hiking backpack. The baby bjorn doens't cut it on rugged terrain.

Comments

  1. This really is the best time of year in Phoenix...man I'm gonna be jealous of your winter!

    I love Marley's outfit...so cute!Speaking of clothes, I just sent a big bag of clothes over to your mom to take to you. Hopefully you can use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note for Jared, they do make camelpacks for children. We have one for our boys.

    Heidi, oh you are still wearing shorts. let me tell you what we have to wear. Snow boots, thermals, ear muffs....okay its not that bad, but no way to shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's still really warm here! Actually it's really hot in the afternoon (look at the weather thing on my blog toay see what I mean) I think the high today is supposed to be 95!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NC is experiencing that kind of weather too.

    I am Jared and you are Shad. He only readies himself. I get myself, Ella, Amaya, diaper bag, food, drinks, toys, entertainment...so and so on.

    Just a thought, you ought to think about getting one of those backpacks that carries Marley back there, with your active lifestyle you'll get your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al-

    Yes, we agree that we need one of those backpacks! Oh, I didn't fill-in the part that I started to help to get us "ready" to go after the shock of all the preparations :) Don't worry, I'm not that big of a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz-

    thanks! We love Lexi-clothes :)

    Totally wish I had a bigger place for you guys to come stay for a little vacation this winter....I am totally looking forward to it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! We got a framed backpack and I LOVE IT! We used it for a little hiking, but I mostly use it at the grocery store. The Baby Bjorn hurts my back after like 15 minutes, but I can go over an hour with the backpack on and Isabel LOVES being up so high. Oh, and yes, I am doing the PT at the WAC. I'm jealous of your weather. It was in the 80s until Tuesday...and now it's in the 50s! It was a BIG shock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hike sounds awesome! Your little gal is adorable, how fun are those cheeks?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how grown up Marley looks! Where has the time gone? We went to the town that is the birthplace of water skiing last week and we thought of all our great times on the river in Milwaukee with you guys. We miss you!!!

    Hey, if you find a good baby carrier lemme know. We are having the same problem with Tyler. Although...Minnesota does have very different winters than Arizona, so maybe we should look into a dog sled for him? I think that would be able to pull him, as long as the dogs are allowed frequent breaks. :)

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts