Ready for a new week


Last week started off with a new tooth and runny poo-poos (diarrhea). Marley's wake-up times started getting earlier and earlier. Thursday she was "up for the day" at 4:30. WHAT!?! How do you other moms survive? I was a walking zombie between changing diapers 3 times an hour (sorry if that's too much info) and waking up before the sun.

Sunday Marley-girl awoke at 5:00 AM. (I hadn't even heard her get up at midnight when Jared had gotten up with her.) A few hours later she was ready for her morning nap and so was I! I crawled back in bed, layed my head on the pillow, closed my eyes, snuggled up to my husband, and ... Marley started screaming. I've started to learn to let her cry it out, but with all these poo-poos the cry-out method hasn't been working too well. My sweet husband rolled out of bed and let me sleep.

I always feel bad when he's the one to get up with her. He usually works about 80 hours a week and then comes home to prepare for conferences, quizzes, and the surgeries he'll be doing the next day. He's always tired. It's a good thing he likes what he's doing.

At 11 AM I was still asleep and ready to sleep for a few more hours. Marley and Jared came to gently wake me up for choir practice at church (I'm the pianist). Jared had a big fishing hat on and had set the tent up in the living room. (I guess it's good he finds some way to use that tent and all the other gear he has since it's never been used for camping!) Marley was squeeling and totally in heaven playing with her daddy. I have such a great husband.

Marley's poo-poos went away on Sunday--YEAH! I was definitely ready for a new week. She woke up at 7:00 AM (I can do that!) and we started playing in her room until...she fell on a wooden block and totally cut her lip (pictured above). She screamed and screamed.

Please tell me that this is not the beginning of another hard week!

Comments

  1. It's JUST a phase!! I promise! And we got the poopy runny diapers all the way down here in Texas! Nolan's been sleeping SO well, I mean 8:30pm to 8:00am well, but last night he was up 3 times and one of those times for a good hour and a half cry!Ahh,the JOYS of motherhood! But I just think to myself... ENJOY THIS... they'll be wanting nothing to do with me in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi its good to hear someone else had a bad week. Gabe had the stomach flu, with the poops! It all started Wednesday, he is finally feeling better. It is hard being a mom when your so over tired. But hey we get through it, and life gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute how you call it poo-poos. THe names we come up with. There is never a dull moment in parent hood. Always new adventures. Thanks for all the updates. I like checking your blog to see what is going on with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Marley. I hate all those falls that result in injuries to the face, no fun! It makes you so sad and reminds you of what happened every time you look at them. Just when you think you've got them figured out, they go and totally change their entire schedule. It seems to get better with age though, Kaiya is now sleeping 13 hours straight at night plus a two hour nap so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Injured together! amaya got her first goose egg. The door to the stairs was left open, Ella said she was on the second step and fell hitting the door jam. Poor babies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts