1st, 2nd, 3rd degree burns

A lot of people have been asking if Jared's burns are 2nd or 3rd degree. Today I got clarification from Jared on the differences because I would describe them as 3rd degree even though I'm not totally sure what that means. 2nd degree burns are where 1, 2, or even 3 layers of skin are burned off. 3rd degree burns go all the way through the skin. In the case of 3rd degree burns one would need skin grafts, etc. Jared's burns are partial thickness or 2nd degree burns. It's still looks really raw, but there are small patches where skin is starting to grow back. I think it will be another week or 2 before he will be able to put on a shirt.

Comments

  1. Oh, Heidi. I want to cry for him, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like he wants to wear a shirt anyways... Besides the searing pain, Jared has got to be in heaven having an excuse to be half naked.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts