Winter

Christmas was so nice.  We spent the holiday in Klamath Falls since Jared worked Christmas day.  It was so nice to spend some relaxing time with the kids.  A few days after Christmas, we headed to Utah to see Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousin.  That was also fun.  It snowed and snowed before we arrived.  The kids spent the week in the snow sledding and were super happy about it.

Luke is at a super fun stage.  He repeats everything anyone says.  The other day in the car I heard him say, "Oh my heck!"  I couldn't stop giggling.  He is obsessed with Frozen.  He got a Frozen book for Christmas and reads it at least 2x a day.  Last night at dinner he was singing "Let it Go" while eating his food.  Other interests include anything involving a ball.  Marley recently started basketball.  Her first practice he spent screaming and wailing because I wouldn't let him on the court to play with "sissy".  Luke is either super happy or very upset.

Jakob.  He will tell you he didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.  I overheard him tell my friend the other day that he got coal for Christmas (not true).  He is a funny kid.  He did get a skateboard and ramp and if he didn't want that for Christmas he has probably changed his mind.  He is on it every second he is home.  He told me that he never wants to go to a friend's house again because he wants to ride his skateboard all the time.  Two nights ago, he insisted that he wasn't hungry and spent dinner time on his skateboard.  Five minutes after tucking him in, he came out saying he was hungry. He has a one track mind.  He is a smart little guy.  He has been insistent that we give him the password to the iPad.  While at grandma's house, we caught him doing a google search for "tell me the password".  He also is a negotiator.  The one item he wanted for Christmas but didn't get was an iPod.  Not an iPod touch, just a regular iPod.  And if you're not going to listen to music with it why should you have one??  Well, Jake likes the way it looks and likes that it could fit in his pocket.  He thinks it costs about $200 dollars.  He asked my brother Kory if he had $200 dollars.  Kory told him that he did.  He asked Kory if he would give him $200 so he could buy an iPod and then in 1 year Jake would give him $306 dollars to repay him.  Haha.

Marley.  This girl is a sweetheart.  She is my biggest helper and most thoughtful child.  Yesterday I was in my bathroom getting ready.  I heard a rustle in my bedroom and peaked in to find her making my bed for me.  She is constantly trying to find little things to do to help out.  I never have to ask her twice to do her homework.  The other day I was running behind.  She got Luke's shoes and jacket on him, put him in the car and started the car to warm it up.

This time of year I feel especially grateful.  Grateful for family and health and especially grateful for my Savior.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful family. And Marley, what a sweetheart! Remember this time when she is a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts