Marley Turns 7

Opening Presents first thing after breakfast.


Ice Skates from us.  American Girl outfit from Uncle Chad and Aunt Beth.  A fancy nightgown from grandma and grandpa.


After breakfast all of the girls went to get pedicures.  Marley had seen someone with a french manicure months ago and had been wanting to get one done.  She was thrilled.



Even though Marley's birthday is right after Christmas, she always manages to have the most celebrated birthday.  This year we were in Utah for her special day.  


My mom called months in advance to find out what Marley wanted to do for her Utah party.  She chose bowling.  



My mom invited friends and family.  She had quite the crowd at the bowling alley to help her celebrate.  
















Marley is now in First Grade and entering the tween years - at least she thinks so.  She recently told me that she did not like princesses or pink anymore.

I volunteer in her classroom on Thursday mornings and have loved being in her classroom consistently.  She is learning to tell time in school.  I don't know if this is good or bad.  She really dislikes being late (for anything).    All the way to school she does the count down and starts to panic if we are running a bit behind.  She reminds me often that she was late almost everyday to her first year of preschool.  I've been working on my promptness.

She knows what she likes.  I think this is such good thing....it can also be difficult.  She often surprises me with her opinions of things like clothing and shoes.

In the past couple of months she has really started helping me out a lot with Luke.  She comforts him when he needs it and gets him out of bed if she hears him before I do.

Jake loves to tease and Marley is a bit dramatic, so there is often drama between the two, but when they are getting along they are such great friends.  This morning as she was getting out of the car to run into school Jake said, "Love you sister."



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts