2 Shirts


Daddy wears 2 shirts.  Now Jake wears 2 shirts.  Sometimes the smaller shirt is worn over the larger.  Daddy wears a belt.  Jake wears daddy's belt.


Today Jake emerged from his bedroom in shorts only.

Me: "Jake, please put on a shirt and then come in and eat."
Jake:  "Why?!"
Me:  "Everyone wears shirts.  You need to wear a shirt."
Jake:  "Giraffes don't wear shirts."



Last month I told Marley she would be getting a flu shot in the morning.  Jake got his a couple of weeks ago.  She was a bit worried about her shot.  Jake: "It will be ok Marley.  I can hold your hand if you want."

I love that.  It makes me smile every time I hear Jake wanting to protect or take care of Marley.

Sure enough, Jake talked her through her fears on the way to the doctor's office and was right next to her the entire time.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts