Swim Lessons

 Swim lessons were a big part of our summer this year.  It was pretty rough on Jake in the beginning.  He cried for the first week - like cried uncontrollably.  The day I decided would be our last - I couldn't take the crying anymore - it clicked.  I think he had gained trust in his teacher and he had figured out how to hold his breath under water.  After that day, I couldn't keep him out of the water.  He wanted to be in at all times and didn't want me to help him at all.


 Miss Hailey


 Marley went into the summer as a pretty good swimmer.  She'd only had 2 weeks of swim lessons in her life and that's when she was 3.  This year she learned how to dive and do free style and back stroke.  I love watching her learn new things.  If she decides she wants to be better, she will practice and practice. I think she did dozens of belly flops in our pool at home until she figured how to tuck her head and get the right angle.  She constantly wants to race me in the pool and most recently she's started swimming like a mermaid. :)  

 Popsicles!

 Skylar

Popsicles!

Comments

Popular Posts