Somehow streaking through the house while the bathtub is being filled with water has become a daily ritual for my kids.  They giggle and laugh as they do their loop through the rooms and then run back to jump in the warm water.


Marley has become quite the helper lately.  Often in the morning she will change Jake's diaper and get him dressed.

Jake misses her terribly while she's away at school.  Today at drop-off he asked if he could go to school with her.

My sister-in-law stayed with us for a month back in January so she could recover from a long hospital stay.  We moved Jake into Marley's room so she could have her own room.  Ever since, Jake has insisted on sleeping at night with Marley in her room.  Last night I listened to them giggling for at least 30 minutes after we put them to bed.



Jake still insists on help to eat his meals.

Monday morning he came in to tell me he wanted cereal.  I told him I would pour his cereal in a minute.

When I came into the kitchen, he had already gotten his own bowl & spoon, and poured his own cereal and milk. He had mostly finished his breakfast.

We keep the cereal in a high cupboard above the sink and our freezer is on the bottom, so he had to climb into the fridge to get the milk. I don't know how he managed, but I think he's a lot more capable than he lets on most days.

Hmmm...guess I need to stop babying him so much.

Comments

Popular Posts