Thanksgiving

My family had planned on coming to our place for Thanksgiving this year.  A couple of weeks before, they called and said they weren't coming.  We would be going together to Disneyland the very next week - just days later and it would be a LOT of driving.  I won't lie, I was pretty sad about it mostly because I was so excited and had planned on them being with us.  My parents are the kind of people that if I told them that I really wanted them to come anyway, they would have. But it just didn't make sense so after a few tears, I was fine and started making new plans.

We joined forces with these guys,

the Harrisons, along with their 4 kids.

 Kaelene's brother, his wife and new baby joined us.

 My sis-in-law, Miki, joined us.  She wouldn't let me get a decent picure of her.

 Our friend, Vicki, joined us.

 As I was getting things ready, Marley announced she wanted to do a project.  I had her make place cards for everyone.  She did about 3 and then lost interest so I finished them for her.

 We had lots of yummy food that everyone contributed.

 I love that guy.  He has such a good heart.  He knows how to raise the spirits of everyone around him.  He is so good to me and is an awesome dad.  He works so hard for our family.  This Thanksgiving I was most thankful for him.  

After our bellies were really extra full, we went outside to let the kids get their energy out and visit with our neighbors.



 Then we came back inside for lots of pie. 


Comments

  1. I know what it is like to plan on something like that and to have it all fall through. Most all of my family were going to try to come here next summer for a reunion, but it makes more sense for everyone to come on their own timeline. I had it all planned who would stay in which room and what some of the activities we were going to do. I'm sorry your thanksgiving wasn't what was planned. I am glad it was warm and festive anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts