Halloween

Halloween festivities began early with cupcake making.  (Jakes favorite activity).  My floors always end up messy from the extra help. 

Next was pumpkin carving.  This looks like a pretty ordinary pumpkin, but we scanned many jack-o-lantern pictures online to figure out how Marley wanted her pumpkin to look. She was pleased.  It only lasted a couple of days in the heat until is was completely rotten.  I need to remember to encourage her to paint her pumpkin next year.

Next was Marley's preschool class lunch pot-luck at the park.  These are two of her closest friends, Sienna and Domenica.  However, I did notice that she chased the boys around the park more than she hung out with the girls.  hmmmm.


The classmates that dressed-up paraded around the park.  Jake joined in as well.

Miss Robin leading the way.  I cannot sing her praises enough.  Luckily Marley gets her for 3 years and Jake will join her class next year.

The church trunk-or-treat/neighborhood safety festival.  Marley changed into a barbie princess for this party, but I couldn't quite get the make-up off from earlier that day. I knew Jake wouldn't wear anything other than ball shorts since he freaks out if he's forced to wear anything else.  So, I have to admit that I put more thought and planning into my own costume than my kids'.  lol. Jared consented to green hair on our way out the door, but promised to figure out a "cool" costume for next year.  

I think Marley could have spent the entire evening next to the dj dancing the night away.

This is actually Halloween.  I didn't get many pictures since I was flying solo.

Somehow Marley ended up with about 3x the amount of candy that Jake did on our little trick-or-treat loop around the neighborhood.  I need to remember to talk to her about trick-or-treating manners next year.

The beginnings of our neighborhood festivities.  We all gathered on the lawn, ordered pizza, and let the kids run around while we visited and handed out candy.

Comments

  1. Jake's preference to shorts reminds me of Brady. He was like that from the time he could formulate words about his clothes. His one dread as he was leaving for his mission was that he would have to wear long pants for two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture of Marley, she looks like such a diva! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts