What's Your Scent?

My mom called this afternoon to tell me she had run into one of my former college roommates.  After they greeted each other with a hug, my roommate said, "You smell just like Heidi did in college!  Hug me again so I can smell you." (She was wearing Amber Romance by Victoria Secret)


Speaking of college, is it just me or did every guy in college around the 1998-2000 time frame wear acqua di gio?  I actually did really like it, but it's good to have your own scent especially when you're dating.  ha. :)


If Jake happens to sneak into my bathroom, he always finds and takes a certain perfume bottle.  Somehow he figures out how to spray it if I don't catch him fast enough.  I wore it everyday while I was pregnant with him and right after he was born. In fact, Jared recently bought me another bottle since I emptied the first so quickly.  (Pink Sugar by Aquolina)  I love that stuff.


My husband always smells good himself.  He likes to switch between different things.  I actually really like the smell of his deodorant. (Speed Stick Ocean Surf) We were recently at Costco when he was in need of some and they didn't have "his brand" and wanted my approval before purchasing a different brand.  The other stuff was as good as cologne to me.

It's as warm as ever here in Phoenix.  I believe it was 104 today.  The pool was 85.  But, I did just purchase some new fragrances for my Bath & Body Works Wallflowers that are quite fall-ish. Today I put in "leaves".  Yummm...it smells like fall :)

What are some of your favorite scents?

Comments

  1. OK, holy nostalgia. I loved Aqua Di Gio so much it made me high! :) Great question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, ha Carrie that's a good way to describe it. The problem for me was that it was it was confusing if I liked to be close to a guy I was dating because I liked him or because I liked to smell him. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun read. I'm surprised you still like the scent you used during pregnancy. I have to revamp all the perfumes and scents after each pregnancy. Bleh.

    Still trying to find something new for myself that I LOVE.

    As for Toddis...lol. Cologne is a funny topic in this house now days. All the boys smell the same here now.;) I'm going to have to start hiding Todds smells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny, Eric has several colognes (that just collect dust)and one of them is Aqua de Gio. I think that's how he courted me:-)

    I like Allure by Chanel.

    It's funny how you don't think about scents until you smell them after not smelling them for a while. My girlfriend Sarah and I hung out the other night and she reminded me of when we lived together, I think she was wearing Red by Gucci.

    Fall would be a good scent, hopefully the fall weather will start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! Had to comment before I went on to read what else you've been up to. It is fall up here. Last weekend we went to a ski resort to get some pictures. Sadly my camera is so poor I don't think the pictures will do that actual scenery justice. Shad started wearing aqua di gio when we were engaged. I still love it. He tried to switch to something while I was having morning sickness in my pregnancy will Ella. I made him stop wearing it and threw it away.

    Me, I still love Ralph Lauren's romance, but I can't wait to smell your pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sus, that's hilarious. A house full of boys all smelling the same. Actually, I think there were times that my brothers all wore the same thing too. When we went home for Christmas Jared started smelling like them too--I think he was borrowing someone's :)

    Lissette - I LOVE Allure as well. I had one of those sample vials of it one time and loved it. It's also one of those that I don't get sick of.

    Al, I wore Romance at one time as well. :) pregnancy usually ruins scents for me as well. I'm not quite sure why it didn't ruin pink sugar...maybe because it's kind of subtle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burberry and Zegna Intenso for my man and actually my Mom recently gave me Burberry for women which I LOVE, but my "signature" scent is most definitely Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel--Johnny loves it on me! :) Amber Romance still reminds me of you and serving in Frederiksberg as a greenie--your Mom kept you well stocked in the mission field. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suz - I like Coco Mademoiselle as well. Is that the one Valentina gave you? Chanel knows what they're doing in the perfume department :)

    r

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, Valentina got me on it. She was a Chanel gal! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. FUN post Heidi! Good to know what your scent was! ;) If I smelled it today, I know I would have thought of you too. I totally relate to smells.

    Once, I told a guy I was dating (Casey) how I loved Curve for men, and that I got it for my dad once. He went out and bought the same one. WHY he thought I would want the man I was making out with to smell like my Dad - I'll never know. That ended.

    I'm between perfumes myself - since Corynn, everything has made me mentally yack -- except Johnson&Johnson's lavendar baby lotion. Go figure.

    I love the deo for a cologne on guys too. But when Shayne steps it up a bit and wears cologne it's Banana Republic's SLATE. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah - and every guy in high school wore Tommy. If I smelled it today I'd probably break out singing my school's fight song!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts