Before & After Kitchen

 Before.  Notice the mirror back splash.  The cabinets look better than they were.  They were cheap and flimsy.  But, the main reason we ripped it all out was the layout.  The wall where the stove and sink were is no longer there and is now completely open.

I did take a picture of the demolition, but I think they are on my phone which is currently being fixed.

 Coming into the kitchen.  The sink was moved from the back wall to this side.

 A look from the back.  Where the pantry is was previously a door to the carport.  The desk area was where the washer/dryer were located.  We flipped the washer/drying to the other side into what was an outdoor shed.  No, the laundry room is not outside. It became part of the addition we did in the back.

 Another look from the back.
A wide shot from the front.  See how that wall is gone?  It's hard to see in a picture, but it feels so much bigger.  If you look back at the before picture, you can see the french doors in the back peaking through an opening above the sink.

Of course there are more things we I would like for the kitchen...more bar stools, a cute/funky rug for the sink side, knobs and pulls for the cabinets...

But, I love my large, functional kitchen.  I feel like I spend the majority of my time here.  Can you even tell that they were the same kitchen?  Pretty crazy.

Price dictated many of the decisions we made and several things were actually from craigslist (like the fridge and faucet).

Comments

  1. Wow! That looks amazing! You guys did such a great job, I bet you are just loving that kitchen. I need more pics of the rest of the house, I love your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you are doing this. I wanted so badly to see your house. What you chose is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so great Heidi, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you do this when you bought the house, or just as of lately? I love the new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon, we did most of it right after we bought the house. We bought the house, gutted it, moved some walls around and put it back together in about a month. I wouldn't recommend that especially if you don't know exactly what you want. I will do some more before and after pictures. The kitchen was the biggest transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome Hydes!! I've majorly got kitchen envy now!! And seriously - mirror backsplash!?!? I'd love to see more pics of the house! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts