First Day of School

I woke up this morning nervous -- like knots is my stomach, can't eat breakfast nervous.  I was feeling like it was my first day of school in a place where I didn't know anyone and didn't know what to expect.  I felt pathetic.  Marley, the fashion diva that she is, picked out her clothes the last night and instructed me how to do her hair this morning.  I seriously don't get any say in these things.  Oh well.  I'm glad to have a girl who knows what she wants.

We get to school, I snap a couple of pictures and we trot off to her classroom.  I took M to meet Ms. Robin last week.  She gave Marley a couple of lessons and showed her around the classroom.  When we arrived, Marley walked right in.  I was thinking, "This is going to be much easier than I thought".  I still had butterflies.  I went over to give her a hug and tell her goodbye and that's when the tears came -- from her not me.  I was holding back.  Ms. Robin took her by the hand and shut the door between us and I walked off, grateful for dark sunglasses.

I can't believe how quickly these little people grow up.  My baby girl is growing up way too fast.

She's going to love school.







Comments

  1. I love her dress and head wrap. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really did a great job picking out her first day of school outfit! Your little ones are so beautiful, I can't believe how big Marley is! She is still a baby in my memory. We have family in AZ (Tempe) so maybe we'll get to say hi one of these days. Or if you're ever in New Mexico...we're actually only about 6 hours away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly hard to send your little love one to school. She is a darling girl, and I'm sure she has met some great friends by now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts