In the life of a mom

I think motherhood is the most under appreciated job I have ever had. Oh the days when I used to think staying at home mom meant going for little outings to the zoo, going to story time a the library, and reading books together. It is all of those things and it is rewarding to see your own child experience something for the first time. However, I didn't account for all the other things.

My last zoo experience (mostly for me to remember)

My last zoo experience started off putting the kids and all their gear in the double stroller. We made it to the front gate until Jake decided riding in the stroller was not what he had in mind. So now I 'm pushing a double stroller and holding Jake in the baby bjorn. We see a bunch of animals and then head over to the water portion so that Marley has a space to run where I can see her while I feed Jake. At one point she decided to take off. I rip Jake off, (I'm sure milk was spraying) pull my shirt down, and take off running after her. Jake is screaming because he's still hungry. I try to convince her to stay in the water area and resume feeding Jake. He's now frustrated and overtired so I gather up our stuff and let Marley know that we need to start
heading out. A few minutes later I tell her that she has another minute before we need to go. A minute later I tell her that we're leaving. She throws a complete tantrum and refuses to get in the stroller. I set Jake in the stroller while he screams and strap Marley into her stroller while she screams. I pick up Jake and leave the park. Jake screams all the way home. Marley is frustrated that Jake is screaming so she starts screaming. I get home and put Jake in bed. Then I make Marley lunch. Once she is finished and cleaned up I read her a couple of books and tuck her in bed for her nap. Once she is down, I rush to the kitchen to eat and put away all the stuff we took to the zoo. When I finish, Jake wakes up. It's 1:30 pm.

With that being said, there are little things that make motherhood worth it. It's the little things that make moms feel loved. I think it's the little things that help us get through all the mundane tasks everyday.

Yesterday Jake reached for me for the first time and then pulled away when Jared tried to take him. So sweet that he loves his mommy.

The other day while I was in the shower I hear Marley saying "peek a boo" and look out to see her playing with her brother.

"Peeeeeeek"



"a boo"

These are the little things that melt my heart.

Comments

  1. Your right if it wasn't for the little stuff, the mundane stuff would make me go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you wrote that down. I need to write one of those days down. Just to bring in a dose of reality to all the "happy and perfect" that blog is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts