Marley is funny

My copy-cat sometimes gets things turned around.

Today she said over and over again, "Mommy, I sleeping around". I think she meant that she wanted to sleep on the ground because when I went in after her nap I found a little bed she had made for herself on the ground next to her bed. I couldn't stop laughing though when she kept insisting that she was "sleeping around".

Before leaving the room she always turns to me and says "Mommy, I be bight back!"

She insists on being the designated prayer-giver. I keep trying to teach her to give thanks for our food when we pray before eating. Instead she says her prayer (only she knows what she says) and ends it. Then she looks at me and says "thank you for the food".

Every morning she comes to me and says that either she is the mom, the queen, or the baby. If she is the baby she wants me to feed her breakfast. I don't mind - it is much cleaner!

Throughout the day she will tell me

"Mommy, I funny"

"Mommy, I so pretty"

"Mommy, I so cute"

She likes to be involved in my grooming decisions as well. She likes to pick-out my clothes and shoes. She usually tells me I look cute after I've gotten dressed for the day. Often times if she really likes what I'm wearing, she will ask me if she can try it on.

Comments

  1. That's hilarious. I love the fact that Marley likes to take my shoes off and try them on whenever we're with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marley, NO MORE SLEEPING AROUND!!! LOL! LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!!! I just read your friend's comment about Marley taking her shoes off.... You used to do that to us in high school, saying we'd be more comfortable with our shoes off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts