Marley & Jake with "Grandmo"

My mom loves baby feet :)  Jake's got lots of kisses.

Tummy Time

Marley missed her nap yesterday.  Actually, Jared fell asleep putting her down and when he woke up, he assumed she had taken one.  Nope.  Naps are a MUST for that girl.  So, Jared took her swimming and then had her help him with a project while I had a nap and snuggled with Jake.  Happy mother's day to me :)  Like Marley's outfit?!

Evidence of Marley's state of mind!  She whined and cried ALL afternoon.  I have to say that my husband has SO MUCH patience.  It amazes me.  

Here are some lifesavers I had this week:

#1 & #2
  Jared has been busy of course, but has been so supportive even through all my break-downs. :) Just having him here makes me feel better.

Jake is a dream baby.  I didn't know newborns could actually be like this.  He eats and then sleeps at night.  Sure I get up a few times, but he goes right back to sleep. :)  This has been so different than my experience with Marley.  I keep waiting for the all night crying.  He is so calm and content.  Thank goodness!  (Does Jake look hungry or what?  That kid will latch on to anything)

#3
If the road isn't big enough, make it bigger.  I think that was what Jake was thinking when he entered this world.  This orange guy doesn't take away the pain (neither do pain meds) but it makes sitting possible. 

#4
Mom.  Between the pains of after birth, a little mastitis, and a crazy 2 year old I very well could have gone crazy this week if my mom wasn't here to tell me it would all get better.  Now that she's gone, it's real life for me.  If I can only get feeling good, I think I can handle it!! :)

Jake will be 2 weeks tomorrow!  I already can't imagine life without him.

Comments

  1. Oh, I prayed that both you and Bonnie would get dreamy little babies. It makes the newborn stage so much more enjoyable if they are content. I'm so glad that he's giving you a break. I really just want to bust through the screen and mug on him. He is a dolly.

    LOVE Marley's outfit!

    Remember it DOES get easier, and they grow FAST. We were watching home videos last night, and Jamis and I were getting all sentimental...we had a moment together about not having a baby in the house.;( It was cute....they grow FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there.....it gets SO much easier with 2. He is a beautiful baby! I need to come and take Marley for a couple hours or something and give you a break! Call me if you need ANYTHING....I'm not very far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Marleys outfit for sure! Do you have a pool?

    You wonder why Gabe and this baby will be 4 1/2 years apart, two children rocked my world. But one day I woke up and thought, why did I think that was so hard. It gets so much easier. I can't wait to see what its like to have 3. I think I might be in for it.


    Jake is a keeper though, he is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know. Even when they are only 2 weeks old you wonder how you lived without them. What an angel baby you have to. I'm glad you don't take for granted these stages. They pass by too quickly. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it WILL get easier and better... I PROMISE! What sweet pictures of your little man. Love Marley's outfit - isn't it fun to see what they wear when Daddy's in charge? And SO sorry about the new "road" Jake paved coming into this world. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts