Baby Ogao!


I had my first dr. appointment after 14 1/2 weeks.
I was a bit delusional this morning thinking that taking Marley with me would be no big deal. Imagine me naked running around the room trying to keep Marley off the ultrasound equipment and out of the drawers. Next time I will definitely take up those offers to watch her while I go. :)
It was so exciting and reassuring to hear the heartbeat and see the little thing on ultrasound. I can't get over what a strange and awesome feeling it is to know that there is a baby growing inside of me.
Every single time I had an ultrasound with Marley, she was doing flips, kicking, and just moving all over the place. In fact, it was always hard to get good measurements on her because she moved too fast. This one, on the other hand, just sat there with its feet crossed. Does this mean I get an easy-going one next!?
The nurse practitioner did have a guess at what the sex of the baby might be, but we'll wait to divulge that tid bit of information until we are certain. The next ultrasound is scheduled for December 10th.
I will say, however, that last night as Jared and I were climbing into bed he said, "I think its a girl." I was surprise and asked about it. He said, well maybe I just hope its a girl. Marley is so much fun.
She really has turned into a major daddy's girl. She is so affectionate, especially to her daddy.

Comments

  1. i'm so excited for you guys! hooray for babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Tell Jared that boys can be just as cuddly. Drew loves cuddling with his Daddy probably more than Abby did, and that's saying a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you need stuff soon? Have you found a house?! Are you leaving me? Will you still be my friend?! :) Okay- I'm kidding. I'm not really that needy... usually.

    You know...Owen has always been a bigger cuddler than Hazel. It's all about personality. But I think you are having another girl. That's my prediction.

    PS- add me to that list of people offering to watch Marley. She was a sweetie pie on voting day and Hazel loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shad was the same as Jared. The only reason he could come up with for not wanting a girl (with Amaya) was that she might not live up to the high standard Ella set. I feel bad when everyone assumes every father wants boys. I think it's sweet when they get wrapped up in their girls, and know the words to the Barbie songs on the Barbie movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ultrasounds, they make it feel so real. So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell this babe is going to be gorgeous already! Actually from my expertise, having MANY ultrasounds, it looks like a boy. I'm being serious I was looking very closely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think in the ultrasound picture that kind of looks like the umbilical cord, but I am going to agree and venture to say that the doctors guess was a boy, only because I read somewhere that usually and early ultrasound like that it's far more likely for a doctor to be able to tell IF it's a boy. (who knows though)
    Congratulations though! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes it feel more real, to see the baby. Next visit will be easier to take Marley. You wont be naked for one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious to envision you clothes-less, chasing Marley across the equipment in the OB room! Ha! Heidi, you are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats. I'm so excited for you guys. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts