Snack

Today Marley and I had a little snack of saltine crakers.  Not very tasty, I know.  However, Marley loved them and it happened to sound good to me as well.  It reminded me of a little "treat" that I loved as a little girl.  I don't know which of my friends came up with this, but we would take a saltine, put a light coating of butter on it and then pour sugar and cinnamon on top of that.  We would usually them put them in the fridge or freezer for a bit so we couldn't taste the butter.  GROSS?!  Thankfully, my tastes have changed since then. :)  

Lately, I've been craving sushi.  I hate paying full-price for that stuff--it can be pretty pricey especially if you've see the way my husband eats.  We love hitting up "happy hour" and getting our fill of sushi for a reasonable price.  Unfortunately, Anchorage has no such thing.

Comments

  1. Did someone say sushi? It's on my brain too. Oh and the saltines, gosh, kids will eat anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are things going? When do you go home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny that after our friends and/or family the things we miss most about the place we lived before is usually the restaurants?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Your tastes have changed? That still sounds delicious to me! We used to get a big pat of butter and mash it up with honey and sugar and either put it on bread, or just eat it by itself! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd always make PB and jelly saltines sandwiches, I thought they were pretty tasty! :)

    As for sushi, I haven't really liked it much but some friends and I went to a place downtown and it was fabulous; so good!! I am now officially a fan and will probably crave it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts