Sore, Sore, Sore...


My friend decided to do a half marathon. Since it isn't a full marathon and since I have been wanting to get into shape, I decided to do it as well.


It's day #4 and I am FREAKIN' Sore!!

p.s. I've only run 2 of these 4 days.


Yesterday I jumped on the treadmill to do my 3 mile run/walk/jog -- really whatever I could do to finish 3 miles. (3 miles used to be SO EASY!) I took my first step and almost yelled. Every muscle yelled "Ouch". It made me smile because the thing I love about running isn't running. Let's face it, it's pretty boring unless you're chasing a ball. The thing I love about it is how it tones practically everything on your body. I mean, my side muscles (I'm sorry I am not using technical terms here) and my back muscles were even sore. I love it!

Comments

  1. Awesome! Remember 5:30am in DK when I was dragging you out of bed to jog (let's face it, you wanted to strangle me..lol)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Heidi!! I keep trying to get on the treadmill and run but after 30 secs I feel like I am going to die!!!! So I will stick to the elliptical and get my mile in that way. Which some how is not as hard! Either way great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae is me Rachel E. I cannot figure out how to make it link up to my blog. I have a few google emails and I never remember which one I am logged into so I post as Rae or Rachel depending on which email is signed up. Just didn't want you to wonder who I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!! I am just happy with myself attempting to get on the treadmill and then trying to finish a 3 mile race!! Goodluck in training, I know you will get through your soreness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Heidi! Good luck with your training, we'll be cheering for you! I can feel your pain, last night I went running for the first time in the year it's been since my Achilles tendon surgery . . . ouch indeed! Thank you again for the card and gift for Teague, you guys are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts